Monday, November 8, 2010

I guess when you get it, you got it.

A piece of my heart melted today. The piece that should have never melted, the piece that should have stayed hardened forever, defrosted, cracked, and broke today. I know you're wondering, hey eric what piece could that be? Well i'll tell you. The corner of my heart that would never allow me to listen to christmas music before thanksgiving.
I was sitting in a dollar tree before work and on the P.A. system they're blaring christmas music and i was super put off. I know I shouldn't sweat the small stuff but my hell thanksgiving is its own freakin holiday. So i'm standing by the funjuns minding my own business when the christmas theme from the charlie brown special comes on. You know the one that goes "christmas time is here." and its got that really soulful piano riff. Ooohhhh heavens to betsy, I was in the christmas spirit. I thought about saving all the orphans in the world, and singing carols at homeless shetlers, giving my mom and nephews neices hugs on christmas day, building a snowman, seeing clark and katie and the girls, building a fire in the fireplace, playing guitar, eating christmas dinner, reading scriptures( more specifically the nativity.) I remembered how much I love christmas, and the true meaning of the holiday, how i spent two years really teaching the true meaning and the real gift behind christmas. I got a little misty I won't lie. Then Michael Bolton came on and sang "Go tell it on the mountain", and the moment was gone. F you Michael Bolton you dirty frizzy haired honkey. Bring on some turkey.
Anyhow after that mishap i finished work and me and two of my very best friends Kory, and Caleb came and rescued me and we had us a game night. Watching kory finally lose at something was refreshing, i imagine it felt a lot the same as kicking Hitler in the nuts would feel. Then I lost to caleb and my arrogance was lost. But they made it a point to talk a little bit and have a spiritual message. I'm blessed to have the friends I do. I know both of these guys would do anything for me, and I know the Lord has placed them in my path to keep me righteous. They help me WANT to be a better person. Love you both boys, your help is always welcome. I have more support than I know what to do with.
Anyhow thats it for this post, In summation i suppose what I want to get across is, Enjoy turkey day, burn your michael bolton albums in your christmas fireplace fires, and take the time to recognize the wonderful people we have in our lives. Don't know what i'd do without them. And on that note, anyone looking for some turkey bowl to make their thanksgiving right, I'm totally down for a bloodbath. I've been told my skills as a middle linebacker are much like a young Ray Lewis, I'm just saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment